Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Examples of Shelters


 As hunting and trapping season is very soon to be upon us, I was thinking about the various styles of shelter appropriate for the Early 20th Century camp.

 Many styles are appropriate. The Wedge and Wall tent seem to be the most common that you see. These styles of tents could easily be purchased. The Fulton Wall Tent as well as the "rope ridge" wedge tent and a regular wedge appear in the Sears and Roebuck catalog of the day. You could order them in a multitude of sizes.

 The other second common option was the lean-to. That is currently what I've been doing mainly because I don't have a period camp stove yet for my wedge. With a lean-to I can build a fire in front and let that heat reflect into it creating a nice cozy place to sleep. I'm putting some photos here of some tent set ups from the period. Happy camping! 















No comments:

Post a Comment